What I’ve been grateful for:
* Sunshine, Sydney your winter is perfection for a sunshine lover like myself, please allow this glorious weather to continue through spring and summer!
* Friends and family, I’m lucky enough to have friends and family I can be real with, I never have to be cool and I feel comfortable to speak my mind around these people.
* Confidence and a sense of worthiness, I don’t know whether it’s age or experience but at this time in my life I’m comfortable with who I am.
* Food, fruit, vegetables. To be honest I’ve only started caring about what I eat (and food preparation/cooking in general) over the last couple of years, I still have weird issues around food sometimes but that’s just who I am and it kind of works for me. I’m just so grateful that I have access to healthy food and the internet, I’ve started to google recipes almost daily now :)
What I’ve been thinking about:
* Not a lot to be honest, this month has been kind of a blur, I’ve been giving my mind a rest from the horrors out there. One could probably call it ignorant bliss.
What I’m excited for:
* We’re taking the kids to see The Lion King *wheeeee*
* My daughter’s birthday (she’ll be 6!)
* Our wedding anniversary, it’ll be 8 years. Who would have thought I’d suit monogamy.
What I’ve been doing:
* Walking in the sunshine!
* Listening to King Krule.
* Reading chick lit, I read The Wrong Girl by Zoe Foster and The Rosie Project by Don Tillman, both were ok, light reads. I don’t usually do chick lit but I needed some relaxing escapism.
What I’ve been spending money on
* Food, and food related things. Today I bought something that cuts veggies into chips, ehh I don’t know the real word for it. And I did buy some vegan cook books online the other day, even though I’m not vegan and can pretty much find whatever recipe I want on the internet.
Be sure to have a read of everyone’s Head & Heart posts over at Helarious