First time out alone with hubs in the past 6 years, went and saw The Dark Knight, ate copious amounts of M&Ms and generally enjoyed each other’s company.
Here’s the makeup I wore out…
Base - Ben Nye HD sheer foundation in shade Bella 001 (sample given at IMATS last year) applied with Real Techniques Buffing brush (LOVE this combination!)
Contour - Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer applied with Real Techniques Contour Brush.
Blush - Shu Uemura Reindeer Kiss blush K6 applied with Hakuhodo S110.
Eyeliner - Inglot matte purple eyeshadow (can’t remember the damn number) transformed into a liquid liner with the help of Illamasqua Sealing Gel, I DIE!!! Applied with Hakuhodo fine liner brush.
Mascara - Napoleon Perdis Whole Lotta Lash (free with a magazine)
Inner corner highlight - Stila smudge crayon in Kitten.
Lips - Coloured in with Nude By Nature Natural Mineral lipliner in the shade Chique (free in a beauty type box), Clarins Lip Perfecter, can’t find it now boo hoo.
Everything purchased with my own cash-ola, unless mentioned.
What is your favourite date night makeup?
It’s no secret that I love Illamasqua, their collections and vision are nothing short of inspired.
“Human Fundamentalism is the unique spirit and fundamental human drive for individuality. It’s a belief, a movement and an emotion. A connection with the spirit of the age and its global motifs. You are your own human hybrid, a unique nomad of street cultures and global trends.” Alex Box, Illamasqua Creative Director
* Neutral palette
* Fundamental palette
* Skin Base foundation
* Nail polish - Nomad & Stance
* Powder eyeshadow - Burst, Pivot, Can Can
* Lipstick - Apocalips & Box
* Precision Ink - Scribe
Here are some swatches
I’ve come across in my internet travels.
The range is currently available online from Illamasqua and Myer and is also on Illamasqua counters.
I’ve got my eye on Nomad and the Neutral palette, what are you lemming from this collection?
Following Dee and Jess’ inventory bizzo, I decided I’d do my inventory starting with blush, yes I like blush, what of it :P
From the top - Sleek Flamingo, Sleek Pixie Pink, Nars Gina, Nars Zen, Everyday Minerals Pink Snowflakes, Illamasqua Lies, Illamasqua Sob, Illamasqua Disobey, Etude House Pink Beam, MAC Ripe Peach, MAC Hang Loose, MAC Well Dressed, Edward Bess Love Affair, Prestige Putty, Becca Beach Tint Watermelon, Silk Naturals Cherry Bomb
What are your favourite blushes, clearly I need more ;)
It hasn’t been a big year for me makeup wise, I’ve honestly been preoccupied with pregnancy/selling & buying a home/moving/giving birth/motherhood etc etc etc, but all that being said here are the makeup products that have made my year…
* Bourjois Healthy Mix
* Ben Nye HD Media Pro Sheer Foundation
* SkinFood Aloe Sun BB cream
* SkinFood Salmon DarkCircle concealer
* Estee Lauder Crystal Lipstick, Crystal Pink
* Tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain, Pink Martini
* Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss, DivineBlush
* MAC Mineralize Blush, Hang Loose
* Wet n Wild eyeshadows, Comfort Zone palette - I’ve got a few Wet n Wild shadows now and honestly I adore them all :)
* Fairy Drops Mascara
So really that’s my 2011 makeup recommendations, I’ll do a post soon featuring my skincare loves for 2011 :)
Theatre of the Nameless collection
Deep sexy jade green
Semi matte rubber finish
Perhaps a more innovative version of OPI Jade is the New Black?
Whatever the case I love it, this is my first time experience with an Illamasqua polish and I'm impressed (and not because this one was on the house) the formula was smooth and the brush awesome, apart from my thumb it covered each of my fingernails perfectly, negating the need to do three strokes per finger (my usual nail painting tactic).
Good in two coats, perfect in three
Available on Illamasqua counters now
I could have sworn I used up more than this, and I’ve come to the conclusion that my darling hubby has been throwing out my rubbish *shock horror* I do think I’ll have to hide my empties better!
* Burt’s Bees Raspberry & Brazil Nut shampoo, I was sent this but I prefer the conditioner over the shampoo.
* Babyliss Pro mini Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner, got these free from iglamour when I bought my hair rollers. Nice to use, but I prefer the Seven Wonders Argan Oil range.
Here are some things I purchased over the month of June…
* Illamasqua Sealing Gel, Illamasqua powder blush/contour in Disobey
* Etude House Peach Beam Blusher #Pink Beam
* Bison Bath Additives x3
* Haus of Gloi Sanctum & Litchi Milk Tea pumpkin butters - OMFG these smell amazing <3
* SkinFood Vita Tok lipstick PK03
* Daria DVDs
And the exciting news is I have doubles of some of these products to give away (just as soon as I get organised!)
The Models from the Spring 2011 Rochas show…
* Step 1 - Using a blue eye pencil create a base for the eye shadow and line the eye (I used MUFE Aqua Eyes 15L - Majorelle Blue)
* Step 2 - Apply a blue shadow on top with a flat shader using a patting motion to pack the colour on the lid, using the same brush take the colour under the eyes.
I actually forgot to take pics of this step oops
* Step 3 & 4 - load up a blending brush with the same blue shadow and blend the colour into the crease and inner eye corners, don’t be afraid to take the colour quite high, it suits the look. Apply mascara to the top lashes.
* Step 5 & 6 - Clean up any fall out and apply your foundation/concealer of choice, I wanted to pale myself out a bit so I used By Terry Touche Veloutee all over my face (yeh I’m lazy like that)
* Step 7 - Apply a sheer peachy/orange gloss, I used Illamasqua sheer lipgloss in Torture.
* Step 8 - Strike a pose ;)
Here I’m going to attempt to explain my FOTD in steps, hopefully it will be helpful to some :)
1. Apply cream pigment in Bedaub over lid with finger to provide a base for eyeshadow
2. Then with a flat shader brush (like a Mac 239 or Sigma E55) pat the colours on the lid, here I used an acid green on the inner, an aqua blue on the centre and purple on the outer v area (these colours can be found in a cheap palette I bought mine from Crush Cosmetics)
3. Using a blending blush (Mac 217 or similar) then blend the purple up and across the socket bone.
4. Apply liquid liner (I used FOA black liquid liner) across the top lashline and wing at outer corners.
5. Apply mascara on top lashes (Rimmel The Max Volume Flash mascara)
6. Clean up any shadow fallout that may be under the eyes and apply concealer (Laura Mercier Secret Concealer) under the eyes or wherever you may need it, and apply your foundation (FOA Mineral Therapy Liquid foundation)
7. Apply Sob cream blush to the apples and sweep up towards temples (I used the Sigma F80 for this) blend out any harsh edges with a clean brush or fingers.
8. Apply Torture lipgloss directly to lips.
9. TA-DA slip into some rad outfit and you’re ready to strut your stuff
I *squeee’d* when I got a postal slip in the mail the other day - my Illamasqua order had arrived (great service, took about a week from the UK)
I am in loooove big time ladies and gents, here’s what I ordered -
Cream Pigment in Bedaub, a gorgeous mint green shown on my eyes here
Sheer Lipgloss in Torture a saucy coral peach
And last but not least Sob cream blush which is actually not part of the collection but I have wanted it for-ever
And here’s the three products swatched on my wrist
Bedaub cream pigment, Sob cream blush, Torture sheer lipgloss
Products can be found at your local Illamasqua counter or online.